Accounting Specialist II
December 19, 2021
Posted December 10, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose The Accounting Specialist II is responsible for the organization, supervision, and management of fiscal and budgetary operations for the Department of Social Services. This position requires strong fiscal analytical abilities, fiscal forecasting, budgetary recommendations and an excellent knowledge of the overall operations of the Alamance County Department of Social Services. This employee will work with agency departments to ensure maximization of funding sources. Responsibilities
- Performs the day to day operations of agency fiscal unit, ensuring accuracy within the work, approval of purchases and assisting with budget recommendations and development.
- Provides supervision of unit staff in regards to the planning, directing, monitoring and evaluation of all functions performed within the fiscal department.
- Assists in the formulation of policies and procedures regarding the department’s budget process and fiscal activities.
- Accounts for all monies handled by the agency, i.e. trust accounts, emergency assistance, donations, general assistance funds, Crisis Intervention and LIEAP monies, Health Choice fees etc.
- Reviews and manages contracts within the department, assisting in negotiations and insuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conducts internal audits to examine financial operations to ensure agency compliance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and policies.