ACE School Social Worker III
Family and Children’s Services
May 14, 2021
Posted April 30, 2021
Catawba County Social Services
3030 11th Avenue Drive SE
Catawba County Social Services, a leader in innovative and quality services, is recruiting for a highly motivated candidate with strong initiative, to fill a role as an ACE School Social Worker III. In this position, you will provide comprehensive school social work services to students, parents, and school staff, addressing barriers that limit students from receiving full benefit from their educational experience. This position will serve Hickory City Middle Schools. This position will be paid at 80% year round and receive prorated benefits. You will work approximately 40 hours per week during the school year, accruing comp time, and have summers off. This position will start approximately August 9, 2021. It is a time-limited position guaranteed only through the upcoming school year although it could be continued through an ongoing contract. We are seeking individuals who share our common core values to provide community based social worker to include: Doing what’s right:
- Providing community based case management services to children and families who attend Hickory City Schools.
- Serving families, children, and our community by providing support and comprehensive family-centered, solution focused assessments and interventions that will support a child to succeed in school.
- Collaborating with community organizations such as schools, housing, organizations, food banks, in order to promote wellbeing of families
- Striving for excellence in meeting all state, federal and internal standards in a rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to increase protective factors while decreasing risks associated with abuse, neglect, dependency and school failure
- Provide school and community based social work services to include:
- Case Management
- Treatment Planning
- Individual and Group counseling
- Classroom observation
- Support and consultation on behalf of student and family
- Home and field visits
- Court appearances
- Child and Family team meetings
- Advocacy with school personnel and other service providers
- Assisting families in accessing appropriate community resources
- Perform accurate record keeping to meet state and federal guidelines as well as internal team expectations
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 3 years of social work experience
- Valid Driver’s license with safe driving record
- Outstanding communication with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with students, families, schools, communication agencies, internal partners, etc.
- Sound assessment and intervention skills
- Strong initiative
- Excellent time management ability
- This is considered Light Work; lifting up to 20 pounds.