Administrative Assistant I
Child Support Enforcement
$31,509.81 - $51,991.18
May 6, 2022
Posted April 29, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
Salary Range: $31,509.81 - $51,991.18 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant I for our Child Support unit who shares our common values: Doing what’s right:
- Provide the utmost Child Support Services by providing excellent customer service at all times to internal and external customers.
- Advocating for children to receive the financial stability that they deserve and providing the best customer service to all that we serve.
- Building relationships with all parties involved as well as stakeholders to obtain an order of support or to enforce an order support, so that children can receive the financial support they need and deserve.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast – paced rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to provide financial stability for children, parents and caretakers.
- Handle all incoming calls into the Child Support area, assisting callers and referring to agents and supervisor/manager appropriately
- Perform administrative support functions for 17 child support agents as well as a supervisor and the Child Support Manager
- Enter and maintain case data into the county data base
- Sort and distribute mail
- Arrange for service on office equipment and keep supplies stocked
- Process and notarize legal documents
- Image records, as needed
- Prepare, generate, and distribute child support dockets weekly
- Prepare add-on dockets for Clerk of Court
- Communicate with Clerk of Court personnel and Deputy Sheriff regarding arrests, etc.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 3 years of job related experience; or
- Associate degree in Business Administration or related field and 1 year of experience; or
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field
- Notary Public certification or ability/willingness to obtain within a specified timeframe
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with persons at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible and multi-task on a daily basis
- Advanced computer skills including experience with Word, Excel, and data bases
- This position is considered light work; ability to lift up to 20 pounds is required.