Adult Home Specialist (Social Worker III)
February 18, 2022
Posted February 7, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr. SE
Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving adults in adult care homes, family care homes and adult day centers. Making sure each operates within the applicable rules, regulations and laws through monitoring and providing technical assistance and training to facility staff; assist clients and families in locating and arranging for appropriate out-of-home care; and assist clients in planning for long term supports and services. We are seeking individuals who share our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Provide monitoring and technical assistance to assisted level of care facilities and adult day care providers to ensure they operate within state regulations and laws. Assist adults and their families in planning for long term supports and services.
- Assisting with technical support to assisted level of care facilities and adult day care providers to ensure residents and participants receive the care they need. Serving adults in assisting with locating and arranging appropriate out-of-home care.
- Working cohesively with the client, hospitals, facilities and with community agencies to ensure adults are linked to services that will allow them to function at their highest possible level.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast-paced, but rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to assure adults are cared for with respect, dignity, and in the least restrictive environment possible.
- Conducts routine monitoring and assists the Division of Health Service Regulation in completing a comprehensive annual or bi-annual survey of each adult are home in the County
- Investigates complaints regarding resident care or operations of facilities
- Conducts the corrective action process, including negative licensure action and administrative penalties
- Provides technical assistance and training to facility staff
- Certification of new adult day care/day health programs, annual recertification of existing programs, and monthly monitoring to ensure standards are maintained
- Provides information and options counseling to clients
- Assists with the referral process for placement of clients in adult care homes or nursing homes
- Performs duties of intake social work ½ day per week
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 3 years of social work experience
- Valid Driver’s license with safe driving record
- Knowledge/experience working in long term care, adult day care, and/or working with older or disabled adults
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people including facilities, residents, and Division of Health Services Regulation
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability to assist facilities in maintaining compliance
- Sound ability to organize, prioritize tasks, and multi-task often
- This is considered Light Work, lifting up to 20 pounds required.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work