$65,715.50 - $101,871.49
October 1, 2021
Posted September 14, 2021
Application Process: Burke County applications may be obtained at the Human Resources office, located at 200 Avery Ave., Morganton, NC 28655 Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, or online at: www.burkenc.org. Completed applications should provide a complete work history, including a detailed and thorough list of job duties. To receive consideration, submit a completed application to Burke County Human Resources. Burke County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
200 Avery Ave.
Position: Attorney I 9/14/2021 Position Number: 1344 Department: Social Services Salary Range: $65,715.50 - $101,871.49 Pay Grade: 32 Closing Date: October 1, 2021 Description of Work: Provides legal advice and advocacy to the Department of Social Services Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file petitions, judgments, and court orders.
- Ensure all legal mandates are met.
- Interpret regulations and statutes.
- Provide representation for the agency in court and administrative hearings.
- Respond to inquiries from County and State agencies.
- Assist in training Department of Social Services staff regarding relevant laws, local rules, policies, and procedures.
- General knowledge of case, statutory and common law.
- General knowledge of judicial and quasi-judicial procedures.
- Able to perform legal research.
- Able to understand and interpret constitutional provisions, statutes, administrative regulations, and precedents.
- Able to analyze facts, evidence, and legal instruments.
- Able to express conclusions and arguments clearly and logically in oral and written form.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.