Child Protective Services – Social Worker
Family and Children’s Services
$25.19 - $34.00 commensurate with experience
December 11, 2022
Posted December 7, 2022
Wake County Health and Human Services
Southern Regional Center
Wake County offers Child Protective Services - Social Workers a -Tiered Sign-on Bonus up to $5000.Do you live in Johnston, Harnett or Cumberland County? Why not consider this great opportunity with TeamWake! We have an excellent benefits and compensation package, which includes 5% towards a 401K!!
What You'll Be DoingBring your passion and caring spirit to Wake County, to help protect children from neglect and harm. Work for an organization committed to keeping children safe, and to ensuring your professional development and success! We are seeking a Child Protective Services - Social Worker in the Child Welfare Division, who will provide and coordinate In-Home services for children and their families, who need it, or have been substantiated for abuse, neglect and/or dependency. This position is located at our Southern Regional Center in Fuquay Varina. Live, work, and play with others who have joined TeamWake! We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package, to include 5% towards a 401K! Primary job functions include:
- Conducting home visits to ensure safety
- Meeting with the parents to create In-home Service Plans/Agreements (IHSA)
- Assessing risk throughout the life of a case, by assisting parents with completing goals on their case plans, and referring them for services to address the safety needs identified.
- Holding Child and Family Team (CFT) meetings when needed to discuss and create safe plans of care (IHSA) and/or if there is a need to petition for custody
- Testifying in court -Writing court reports
- Documenting within seven days of each contact and maintaining tracking forms related to activities pertaining to each case