Child Protective Services Supervisor (In-Home Services)
Family and Children’s Services
$59,979.48 - $98,966.14
July 8, 2022
Posted June 24, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
Salary Range: $59,979.48 - $98,966.14 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking an individual who shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Growing and leading others by supervising and managing a team of Child Protective Services (CPS) Social Workers in the In-Home Unit
- Assuring staff work with families and children while maintaining integrity, respect, transparency, and professionalism through the completion of thorough casework of identified children to continually assess for child safety, risk and well-being needs.
- Serving families, children, and our community by providing support and comprehensive family-centered, solution focused casework and interventions that will support a parent’s capacity to protect and nurture their children.
- Working cohesively with families, children, community and in-agency partners, and other child welfare entities to support and strengthen families.
- Striving for excellence in meeting and guaranteeing staff meet all mandated standards in a fast-paced and mandated, but rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to assure child safety and develop and reinforce protective family units.
- Supervision, management, and coaching of Social Workers, including hiring, conducting yearly performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions
- Quality assurance through direct supervision and record review to ensure all program requirements and outcomes are met
- Consultation with staff and partnerships with other agencies regarding services and interventions with children, families, and providers
- Staff development and training, including field supervision
- Assure critical thinking and sound judgement are utilized in decision making
- Rotating weekend and holiday on-call supervisory oversight
- Master's degree from an accredited school of social work and 2 years of social work experience(preferred); or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Master's degree in a counseling field and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field or related curriculum and 4 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 5 years of social work experience
- A valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Sound knowledge of NC statutes and policy related to Child Welfare
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to model and teach critical skills, coach, and motivate staff
- Strong critical thinking and assessment skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the operation of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other databases
- This position is considered light work, lifting up to 20 pounds
- Strong preference for MSW
- Experience in advanced social work supervision and/or social work practice