Child Protective Services Supervisor – Investigations/Assessments
Family and Children’s Services
$59,979.48 - $98,966.14
July 22, 2022
Posted July 1, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave SE
Salary Range: $59,979.48 - $98,966.14 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are recruiting for a CPS Supervisor who shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Growing and leading others by supervising and managing a team of Child Protective Services (CPS) Social Workers in the Investigations/Assessments unit.
- Assuring staff work with families and children while maintaining integrity, respect, transparency, and professionalism through the completion of thorough assessment of children’s safety, risk, permanency and well-being needs.
- Serving families, children, and our community by providing intentional and comprehensive family-centered, solution focused assessment skills and interventions that will support a parent’s capacity to protect and nurture their children so children can be maintained in their own home when appropriate.
- Working cohesively and collaboratively with families, children, the community, in-agency partners, and other child welfare entities to assure safety and support and strengthen families.
- Striving for excellence in meeting and guaranteeing staff meet all mandated standards in a fast-paced but rewarding environment, while sharing knowledge openly, anticipating customer needs and striving to always do it better.
- Supervision, management, and coaching of social workers, including hiring, conducting yearly performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions
- Quality assurance through direct supervision and record review to ensure all program requirements and outcomes are met
- Consultation with staff and partnerships with other agencies regarding services and interventions with children, families, and providers
- Staff development and training, including field supervision
- Assure critical thinking and sound judgement are utilized in decision making
- Rotating weekend and holiday on-call supervisory oversight (and some weeknights for coverage)
- Master's degree from an accredited school of social work and 2 years of social work experience(preferred); or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Master's degree in a counseling field and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field or related curriculum and 4 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 5 years of social work experience
- A valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Sound knowledge of NC statutes and policy related to child welfare
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to model and teach critical skills, coach, and motivate staff
- Strong critical thinking and assessment skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the operation of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other databases
- This position is considered light work, lifting up to 20 pounds
- Strong preference for MSW
- Experience in advanced social work supervision and/or social work practice