Child Support Agent I
Child Support Enforcement
January 17, 2022
Posted January 6, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Employees within this role work under general supervision and must have a considerable knowledge of Child Support Enforcement Programs. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the initiation and organization of Child Support Enforcement (IV-D) duties including the following.
- Interviewing custodial and noncustodial parents
- Explaining the program and to obtain data regarding the absent parent
- Determining the correct course of action for each situation.
- Locating the absent parent and establishing voluntary paternity and/or support obligations through the court system.
- Ensures knowledge of latest policies and procedures of the Child Support Program.
- Gathers evidence for court by drafting the proper papers, evaluating testimony and evidence and determining the necessity of court action and involvement.
- Works within intake, location or establishment of paternity areas and will not be working in court unless called as a witness.