Child Support Agent I
Child Support Enforcement
March 25, 2022
Posted March 18, 2022
Catawba County Social Services
Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking a Child Support Agent I who shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Provide the utmost Child Support Services, including establishment of paternity, medical and current support orders, enforcing child support orders, modifying orders, and establishing and enforcing Intergovernmental child support orders.
- Advocating for children to receive the financial stability that they deserve and providing the best customer service to all that we serve.
- Building relationships with all parties involved in the case as well as law enforcement, employers, attorneys and judges, internal and external county agencies, and the community to provide children the financial stability they deserve to achieve a successful future.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast – paced rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to provide financial stability for children, parents and caretakers.
- Handles incoming calls into Child Support including thorough customer services, answering of questions, assisting customers, and referring to other Child Support Agents as needed
- Enters and maintains case data into database
- Performs intake services including interviewing clients applying for child support, contacting others, research, and gathering of needed information through various means
- Provides location services including investigating and gathering of information; contacting parents, members of the legal profession, Department of Socials Services staff, and other public entities; research in various databases; and follow-up through phone calls/letters
- Prepares, generates, and distributes child support court docket weekly
- Performs other administrative support responsibilities (i.e. mail distribution, managing office equipment, mailing customer satisfaction surveys, notarization of documents, etc.)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years of experience in eligibility, investigative, judiciary, or legal work that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the work; or
- Associates degree in Business, HR, Law Enforcement, or related degree and 1 year of experience in eligibility, investigative, judiciary, or legal work; or
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Notary Public or willing to obtain within a designation time frame
- Conflict resolution/mediation/negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Basic math skills
- This position is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Prefer applicants with a background in legal work and/or court system