Child Support Agent II
Child Support Enforcement
$40,591.78 - $66,976.43
September 2, 2022
Posted August 22, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
Salary Range: $40,591.78 - $66,976.43 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking two Child Support Agents II that shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Provide the utmost Child Support Services, including establishment of paternity, medical and current support orders, enforcing child support orders, modifying orders, and establishing and enforcing Intergovernmental child support orders.
- Advocating for children to receive the financial stability that they deserve and providing the best customer service to all that we serve.
- Building relationships with all parties involved in the case as well as law enforcement, employers, attorneys and judges, internal and external county agencies, and the community to provide children the financial stability they deserve to achieve a successful future.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast – paced rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to provide financial stability for children, parents and caretakers.
- Establishing/enforcing child support orders
- Preparing child support orders
- Presenting/participating in court hearings
- Location of absent parents and resources, investigating and gathering information
- Modification of child support orders
- Financial and accounting for child support orders/payments
- Regular contact with custodial and non-custodial parents, caretakers, attorneys, District Attorneys, judges, Clerk of Court, Register of Deeds, law enforcement, post employees, probation and parole officers, prison personnel and military officers.
- Case recording/documentation
- Works independently in all areas including office management
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 months of experience in eligibility, investigative, judiciary, or legal work that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the work; or
- Associate’s degree in business administration, human resources, law enforcement or closely related degree and 2 years of experience in eligibility, investigative, judiciary, or legal work that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the work; or
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and 3 years of experience in eligibility, investigative, judiciary, or legal work that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the work
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement Program and applicable legal procedures
- Strong conflict resolution/mediation/negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills; ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to think well on feet and work under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Considerable ability to interview clients, absent parents and related sources, and to investigate cases
- Capability to organize, analyze, and summarize case information well
- Basic math skills
- This position is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Prefer applicants with a background in legal work and/or court system