Child Support Agent II – Enforcement
Child Support Enforcement
August 18, 2021
Posted August 6, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Responsibilities in this position involves enforcing child support orders, testifying in court, maintaining records and files and preparing reports in the Child Support Enforcement program. This may include interviewing custodial and noncustodial parents, explaining the program, and obtaining data regarding the noncustodial parent; determining the course of action, locating the noncustodial parent, and establishing paternity and/or support obligations through the court system. Enforcement is primarily involved in in-depth investigation and preparation of cases for court, the enforcement of court support orders, and variables affecting a case and the independent role in presenting cases (with the attorney) in the courtroom. Other duties may require collection of support payments, public relations, administration, and other duties as assigned. Some of the tasks included are location, establishment of support obligations, collection of support payments, and enforcement of support obligations. Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement Program and applicable legal procedures.
- Considerable ability to interview clients, absent parents, and related sources, and to investigate cases.
- Considerable ability to organize, analyze, and summarize case information; basic math skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and absent parents, location resources, offices of the Clerk of Court, Magistrates, District Attorney, Sheriff, other court officials, and private attorneys.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and impart this information to other investigators.
- Ability to solve problems and answer questions in all areas of the CS Program.
- Due to the amount of work required using a computer, it is necessary that the applicant have extensive experience in the use of computers.