Child Support Agent II – Establishment
Child Support Enforcement
November 30, 2021
Posted November 12, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: This position performs establishment of paternity and support. This includes interviewing custodial and noncustodial parents, explaining the Child Support program, obtaining data regarding the noncustodial parent, determining the course of action, locating the noncustodial parent through a variety of available resources, and establishing paternity and/or support obligations through the court system. This position attends court and communicates with court personnel. In-depth investigation and preparation of cases for court, testifying and presenting cases (with the attorney) in the courtroom are some of the job duties. Case files and records must be maintained. Some of the tasks performed for the cases are location, establishment of paternity and/or support obligations. Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Support Services Program and applicable legal procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the State Automated Collection and Tracking System
- Considerable ability to interview custodial and noncustodial parents and investigate cases.
- Considerable ability to organize, analyze, and summarize case information; basic math skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with custodial and noncustodial parents, location resources, offices of the Clerk of Court, Magistrates, Sheriff, other court officials, and private attorneys.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and impart this information to other investigators.
- Ability to solve problems and answer questions in all areas of the CS Program.
- Due to the amount of work required using a computer, it is necessary that the applicant have extensive experience in the use of computers.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, orally and in writing