CPS Social Worker – In Home Services
Family and Children’s Services
$54,401.90 - $89,763.13
August 19, 2022
Posted July 29, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
SALARY RANGE: $54,401.90 - $89,763.13 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking CPS Social Workers (In-Home Services) who share our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Assessing families and children in their home by strengthening the family's capacity to protect children where there are while maintaining integrity, respect, transparency, and professionalism through the completion of thorough In-Home services of identified children to assess for child safety, risk and well-being needs.
- Serving families, children, and our community by providing support and comprehensive family-centered casework that evaluates the harm and danger to the children in the home, the strengths and needs of the family.
- Making appropriate referrals, identifying resources to assist the family and assess and document the behavioral changes made by the parent/caretaker that lead to child safety
- Working cohesively with families, children, community and in-agency partners, and other child welfare entities to support and strengthen families.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast-paced and mandated, but rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to assure child safety and develop and reinforce protective family units.
- Experienced Social Workers, particularly in child welfare social work, may be able to negotiate beginning salary beyond minimum salary listed. We pay for experience!
- Option to work remotely/from home at times.
- Tiered caseloads and field supervision upon onboarding.
- Trainees, those with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degrees in other areas of human services, but do not have the required experience, may be considered. Trainee salary is $51,681.81.
- Ongoing assessment of abuse (physical and/or sexual), neglect and dependency reports on children
- Completion of thorough casework, including use of strong interviewing and documentation skills, and making immediate decisions regarding the safety of children
- Establish and update family service agreement plans
- Apply crisis intervention techniques
- Provide services up front to assure the maximum safety of children, which could include court action
- Continuously assess the safety, risk, and well-being of identified children
- Will hold approximately 10 cases each month
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work with Child Welfare Collaborative; or
- Master's degree from an accredited school of social work and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of social work with Child Welfare Collaborative and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 4 years of social work experience
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds is required to assist children, carry car seats, and other belongings.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Direct social work experience in child welfare services or similar experiences
- Experience in interviewing caretakers, children, and other sources soliciting specific details of child maltreatment to obtain thorough and comprehensive assessment of alleged child maltreatment
- Persons with bilingual ability (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply.