Deputy Human Services Director
Directors and Program Managers
$77,979.20 - $93,246.40
Open Until Filled
Posted April 6, 2022
Cabarrus County Government
This position is subject to close at any time with or without notice. Application reviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Hiring range for this position is $77,979.20 - $93,246.40. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 35% percentile. Pay grade for this position is 28. Cabarrus County, North Carolina is conducting a comprehensive search for a results driven leader with a passion for public service to be our next Deputy Human Services Director. This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership and support for one of the fastest growing and diverse counties in North Carolina. Cabarrus County seeks a dynamic professional with extensive experience in North Carolina Health and Human Services programs, local government operations, budgeting, and organizational effectiveness to serve as Deputy Humans Services Director. The Deputy Human Services Director must be collaborative, analytical, detail-oriented and a problem-solver by nature. The Deputy Human Services Director will assist in leading this important County Department in building a vision for the future that is shaped by the desire to work collaboratively with the Human Services Director, County Management, and key stakeholders creating a better quality of life for everyone in our community. Cabarrus County Human Services Department The Cabarrus County Department of Human Services (DHS) strives to improve the quality of life in the community for all our citizens. DHS is committed to ensuring that individuals and families in Cabarrus County have access to the supports they need to achieve their goals. The staff is committed to managing the resources entrusted to them with responsible stewardship and to provide the highest quality professional services possible. Mission Statement: In partnership with the community, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for our citizens through integrated and comprehensive services that assist, empower, and build upon the strengths of our children, families, adults, and older adults. Vision Statement: Through community partnership and effective collaboration, Cabarrus County Human Services will be a leader and innovator in providing quality seamless services to the citizens. CCHS will strive to streamline services to the citizens to effectively meet the needs of a changing economy, improve lives, and create opportunity. DHS works hand-in-hand with community partners and resources throughout the State of North Carolina to deliver benefits to more than 50,000 families, adults, and children. The Department has five primary divisions:
- Economic Family Support Services ( Child Support, Daycare, Work First, Energy Programs)
- Economic Services (Medicaid, Food & Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Adult, Aging and Transportation Services
- Child Welfare Services
- Business Services
- Overseeing, planning, organizing, implementing, managing, and directing assigned services and program areas for effective service delivery and day to day operations.
- Providing leadership and direction for department assigned services and program areas to ensure quality and timely services.
- Supervising, directing, training, evaluating division staff and has substantial influence in hiring and employment decisions.
- Works with director and program administrators to develop and prioritize organization objectives, work standards and performance criteria.
- Has authority to act for the director in personnel and management team matters in the director’s absence.
- Works with director and program administrators to plan and ensure organizational effectiveness regarding all administrative, operational issues and service.
- Oversees preparing, presenting, managing, and monitoring the department’s annual budget.
- Works with director, program administrators and business manager to determine needs, develop budget, report revenue and spending variations for prompt action and resolution, and make adjustment recommendations.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the director including media relations, intergovernmental relations, and community relations.
- Oversees accurate processing, maintaining, and auditing of various departmental financial reports and records for assigned area.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal fiscal and personnel regulations; maintaining confidentiality; preparing and maintaining a variety of systems, reports, records and files.
- Acts as the DHS director’s designee by performing duties as specified by NCGS 108A-14
- Works with the director to develop and implement agency policies and procedures.
Assists with strategic planning initiatives by leading organizational change and providing executive leadership and guidance across department divisions/teams.
Provide direct supervision to assigned Administrators and other staff as assigned
- Tracks and provides reports to Human Services Director on performance measures regarding areas assigned.
- Monitors and evaluates program and service effectiveness in assigned area.
- Coordinates and supervises program administration daily to ensure program compliance and service delivery.
- Works with Program Administrators to make policy and workflow decisions.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints providing information and assistance.
- Serves on the humans services leadership team which plans for future directions within the department.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related tasks as required to potentially include but not limited to emergency shelter operations.