Directors and Program Managers
January 14, 2022
Posted December 30, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose The Alamance County Department of Social Services (DSS) is seeking a Director of Social Services to lead the agency. The successful candidate has a history of collaborating with staff, the local community and state partners to create stronger families, safer communities, and a better future for those they serve. The Director serves as the executive officer of the County board of social services executing the authority of the board as defined in GS 108A—14. This position represents as the Department Head for Social Services functions within the Alamance County leadership team. Alamance County Department of Social Services has more than 200 employees, a budget of almost 20 million dollars and provides comprehensive services to clients through all DSS divisions, including Family and Children’s Services, Adult Services, Economic Services, Child Support, Family Justice Center and Administration. The programs are housed in two separate locations. Salary range starts at $87,192 and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Responsibilities
- Oversee all DSS divisions to include Family and Children’s Services, Adult Services, Economic Services, Child Support and Administration.
- Provides overall direction of the staff in program development and resource management that is consistent with the mission of the agency.
- Delegates policy development and operational responsibilities to program and administrative managers.
- Responds, in an oversight capacity, to legal challenges, lawsuits, and organizational changes or reallocation of resources as a result of agency initiated evaluations of organizational effectiveness, fiscal considerations, program additions, or changes in program emphasis.
- Supervises budget activates and may maintain direct involvement in conflict/compliant resolution, staffing and personnel issues and serve as the principle spokesperson for the agency relative to program concerns.
- Builds community coalitions in support of agency goals; formulate and articulate agency positions on issues which are subject to intense and continuous public scrutiny from the media, community groups and political forces.
- Ensures grants and contracts within all programs are meeting goals and objectives while exploring and securing funding to enhance service delivery or addresses strategic priorities as applicable.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Adaptable- Ability to frequently adjust to changes
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Compassion - Ability to show kindness, empathy and genuine care.
- Confidentiality – Ability to distinguish confidential information and maintain the sensitive nature of the information.
- Honesty - Ability to be truthful, maintain high level of confidentiality and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Integrity – Trustworthiness to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility or pledge
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment and discretion as it relates to following policies and procedures
- Safety-Minded – Creating a safe work environment; managing risks; reducing exposure liabilities
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others successfully and productively for the common cause and desired end goal.