Foster Care Social Worker III
Family and Children’s Services
December 3, 2021
Posted November 22, 2021
Catawba County Social Services
3050 11th Avenue Dr. SE
Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving children and families with multiple and complex needs. We are seeking individuals who share our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Providing services to children and families when children must be separated from their parents or caretakers when they are unable or unwilling to provide adequate protection and care and the child enters the legal custody and placement responsibility of social services.
- Serving families, children, and our community by providing support and comprehensive family-centered, solution focused assessments and interventions that will support a parent’s capacity to protect and nurture their children.
- Working cohesively with birth and resource families, children, guardian ad litems, court partners, community and in-agency partners, and other child welfare entities to support and strengthen families.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast-paced and mandated, but rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to assure child safety and develop and reinforce protective family units.
- Work with children, their biological families and others--extended family; therapists; school and court personnel; foster families; and others involved with the child to help a child achieve their permanent plan
- To develop case plans and interventions that promote safety, permanency, and well-being to support children and families while a child is experiencing foster care
- A full range of case management tasks
- Preparing information for the court
- Timely and thorough documentation
- Conduct home visits with birth parents, resource parents and children
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of social work with Child Welfare Collaborative; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 3 years of social work experience
- Valid Driver’s license with safe driving record
- This position collaborates with other mandated positions in Child Welfare Services so good team work skills and flexibility in working across disciplines is essential.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, public agencies, and professionals
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Effective knowledge of child welfare and social work philosophy and policy
- This is considered Light Work, lifting up to 20 pounds required.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Strong experience in using clinical and trauma focused skills
- Experience working with and/or in the mental health system
- Direct social work experience in child welfare services or similar experiences
- Persons with bilingual ability (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply.