IMC II (Eligibility Specialist) – Family Medicaid
June 25, 2021
Posted June 11, 2021
Catawba County Social Services
3030 11th Avenue Drive SE
Are you a self- directed, organized individual who would thrive multi-tasking in a fast paced office environment? Do you desire to help others who cannot afford the cost of healthcare? Catawba County Social Services is recruiting for several individuals to fill Eligibility Specialist II roles. In this position, you will determine eligibility for Family Medicaid. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Salary is negotiable for applicants who are fully qualified. (1 year or more of Income Maintenance experience in Medicaid or Food and Nutrition Services eligibility)
- Applicants must possess one year of experience in income maintenance eligibility in a Department of Social Services in order to be fully qualified. However, trainees may be accepted. Trainee pay is $33,009.04 per year.
- Applicants fluent in Spanish is encouraged to apply.
- Determine eligibility for program by interviewing, researching, verifying information, and gathering data from citizens applying for assistance.
- Interpret State and Federal guidelines and determining how they apply to each individual situation
- Explanation and enrollment in Carolina Access
- Educate clients to assure they are fully aware of the change reporting requirements
- Manage an ongoing caseload by redetermining eligibility and reacting to numerous changes under strict deadlines
- Referral of applicants/recipients to other social services programs and community services
- Manage data in a complex software system
- Associates degree in Human Services, Business, or a closely related field and 1 year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker; or
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 3 years of demonstrated experience with mathematical work and/or public contact involving interviewing, gathering, and compiling information and 1 year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Ability to self-initiate, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent people skills, patience, and willingness to work with a variety of personalities
- Strong computer skills with the ability to maneuver in complex software systems, including excellent typing and keyboarding skills
- Capacity to learn and work quickly, and a strong will to learn and succeed
- Analytical skills to read, interpret, and apply complex rules and regulations
- Applicants with bilingual skills (English-Spanish) are encouraged to apply. Bilingual extra duty pay is provided.