IMC II – Transportation
July 13, 2022
Posted June 24, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose The primary purpose of this position is to determine/re-determine eligibility, authorize, and coordinate Non-emergency Medicaid Transportation services to Alamance County Medicaid recipients. This position will perform duties as a representative of the public agency and is subject to high standards for personal and professional conduct. This employee will be expected to perform tasks such as the interviewing of clients to obtain sufficient information, verifying the information obtained as well as inform customers of their rights and obligations as prescribed under program policies, accurately, and report on all activities related to NEMT services. Responsibilities
- Receives transportation trip requests and arranging and coordinating transportation services.
- Determines/re-determines eligibility for services through an assessment process.
- Verifies information and investigating discrepancies within information.
- Assists clients in retaining public assistance benefits by updating information in client records and state eligibility system.
- Documents eligibility decisions and maintain a transportation file for each eligible beneficiary or family
- Provides clients with information about the availability of services and refers them to appropriate agencies or community partners.
- Monitors of trips for quality control purposes for submission of quarterly reports to the State.
- Collaborates with community partners and transportation vendors
- Performs other duties as assigned