IMC III – Quality and Training
$38,294.13 - $47,500.00
November 19, 2021
Posted November 5, 2021
Catawba County Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
Catawba County is committed to making living better through serving citizens with multiple complex needs. We are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable economic services worker with vast knowledge of Adult Medicaid systems, who will thrive in a team/collaborative environment to provide policy/systems training and perform quality assurance work for new and existing Adult Medicaid staff. We are seeking individuals who share our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Provide policy and systems training in addition to quality assurance work for new and existing Economic Services staff. This position has a special focus on Adult Medicaid and will ensure appropriate delivery of services under the guidelines of state and federal regulations as related to providing clients with public assistance. This position requires being able to exercise sound judgement in assessing training needs and evaluating learning.
- Conducting case file reviews for new and experienced staff. Developing and coordinating appropriate training for new and existing employees. Ensuring staff have the program information necessary to deliver services in accordance with state and federal Medicaid policy. This position requires the ability to plan work schedules and perform other duties with minimal supervision.
- Be available as a primary point of contact by workers to answer policy questions and/or troubleshoot NCF cases. Effectively communicate policy details and explanations as well as problems observed throughout the training process. Remain abreast of policy changes and provide updates to all staff through various delivery methods.
- Candidate needs the ability to perform the highest level of problem solving, analytical thinking and interpersonal skills. This type of work involves constant interaction with staff and customers. The chosen candidate must be able to calculate and budget income, deductions and resources appropriately while understanding complex requirements and policies.
- Develop, coordinate and provide/present appropriate training for new and existing employees.
- Supply information, technology, and reference materials necessary to perform specific job functions.
- Remain abreast of policy changes and provide updates to all staff.
- Ensure staff has the program information necessary to deliver services in accordance to established policy.
- Provide formal and informal training and support for functional users requiring assistance in implementing, using and integrating various automation systems.
- Coordinate with supervisors and staff to ensure training needs are being met.
- Perform Economic Services casework to remain current in systems and policy.
- Evaluate case records, benefit amounts/categories and communication with clients to ensure proper procedures are being followed for the delivery of client benefits
- Analyze quality reviews to identify trends and determine appropriate method of communication clarification or training related to trends.
- Recommend appropriate changes in service delivery by providing input on the development of program procedures and standards.
- General knowledge of all income maintenance programs, forms, and documents used to determine eligibility, with specific knowledge in Adult Medicaid
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to communicate to a wide range of audiences and situations
- Ability to facilitate groups, present, and instruct others in a positive learning environment
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret, apply and communicate a variety of policies, procedures, and regulations
- Sound judgment in assessing training needs, development of objectives, recommendation of training goals, and evaluation of learning
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- This is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.