Income Maintenance Caseworker II
$28,304.00 - $44,145.00
April 16, 2021
Posted April 1, 2021
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed PD-107 (state application) to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to take, process, and maintain applications and on-going cases for the Adult Medicaid Programs (private living arrangement cases), which includes MAA, MAB, MAD, MQB-Q, MQB-B, and MQB-E. This includes re-determining eligibility for on-going cases, and completing changes in situations as they occur, answering general inquiries by phone or in person, and making referral to other program areas or agencies in the community when needed. This position is required to maintain and monitor continual compliance for all program requirements and respond to the customer’s needs for assistance regarding their eligibility during the time the case is open and to close the case when the customer is no longer eligible. This worker must be human services oriented and possess the ability to interact well with the Supervisor, Co-workers, and Customers and be able to work in a team environment. This worker must utilize the online NC FAST Program, Manuals, and DSS Administrative Letters as appropriate. This employee is expected to make the final decision in determining eligibility by applying written policy, but be able to recognize situations that should be referred to the Supervisor for clarification. This worker must provide excellent customer service and maintain accurate documentation and organized electronic records. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks. Experience using Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
Educational/Experience Requirements:IMC II
- One year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Graduation from an accredited associate degree program a) Human Services Technology b) Social Services Associate c) Paralegal Technology d) Business Administration e) Secretarial Science f) Closely related curriculum; or
- Graduation from high school and two years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: Negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks with at least one year of such experience being in an income maintenance program; or
- Graduation from high school and three years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks; or
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.