Income Maintenance Caseworker II
August 16, 2022
Posted July 27, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Within this position employees are responsible for the total process of determining/re-determining applicant/client eligibility at Alamance County Department of Social Services. This employee will be expected to perform tasks such as the interviewing of clients to obtain required information, completing initial applications, verifying the information obtained, determining eligibility or completing scheduled program reviews. This employee must explain program(s) requirements and options and advise or refer clients to other program services as appropriate. Responsibilities
- Interviews clients and/or collateral contacts to gather information, to secure medical, work history and other income information and to determine need and eligibility for human services.
- Responsible for verifying information and investigating discrepancies within information.
- Assists clients in retaining public assistance benefits by updating information in client records and state eligibility system.
- Follows policies and procedures related to eligibility determination and redetermination while maintaining an ongoing caseload.
- Responsible for documenting eligibility decisions, retaining copies of client records including financial, psychological, medical, vocational and court records in order to provide accountability for the expenditure of state and federal funding
- Provides clients with information about the availability of services and refers them to appropriate agencies or community partners.