Income Maintenance Caseworker II – 5306.076
$33,748.00 - $61,505.00
Open Until Filled
Posted August 8, 2022
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed DSS application found on the Wayne County DSS website. The application is listed under Tools in the job opportunities section. Applications may be submitted electronically. Applications can be mailed to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Resumes or other forms of applications will not be accepted in place of the designated DSS application. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street, Box HH
This caseworker is assigned to a unit within the Economic Services Section. This position is responsible for taking applications, determining eligibility and maintaining cases for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, and Family and Children’s Medicaid. This includes interviewing the customer, verifying information, determining eligibility, maintaining the record, and maintaining cases. Other duties may be assigned to the worker when deemed necessary by the Supervisor. This worker must be human services oriented and possess the ability to interact well with the supervisor, co-workers, and customers and be able to work in a team environment. This worker must respond to disasters as needed in accordance with Wayne County DSS policy, in the event of a natural or man-made disaster or upon the declaration of a state of emergency by the Wayne County Emergency Management Office. This worker must use the online NC FAST Program, Manuals, and DSS Administrative Letters as appropriate. This employee is expected to make the final decision in determining eligibility by applying written policy, but be able to recognize situations that should be referred to the supervisor for clarification. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks.
Educational/Experience Requirements:IMC II
- One year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Graduation from an accredited associate degree program a) Human Services Technology b) Social Services Associate c) Paralegal Technology d) Business Administration e) Secretarial Science f) Closely related curriculum; or
- Graduation from high school and two years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: Negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks with at least one year of such experience being in an income maintenance program; or
- Graduation from high school and three years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks; or
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.