Income Maintenance Caseworker II – Family and Children Medicaid
$21.38 - $28.86 Hourly
Posted January 25, 2023
30 Government Center Drive
Brunswick County Department of Social Services is accepting applications for an Income Maintenance Caseworker in the Family and Children Medicaid Intake Unit. We are a forward thinking, creative organization that truly believes in treating others as we want to be treated. We are looking for the right person to join our Team. The Ideal Team member: We are looking for an ethical, team oriented, confident, compassionate, self-starter with a capacity for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, challenging environment that offers opportunities to grow both personally and professionally
- Have a desire to create a positive impact on adults, children and families living in our community
- Ability to interpret and apply state and agency policies and procedures with the goal of meeting the needs of the community
- Capacity to work and thrive in a team environment
- Complete timely and accurate applications or recertifications.
- Complete timely and accurately all reported changes.
- Complete NCFAST Tasks daily.
- Calculate and budget payments accurately.
- Handle all concerns for customers related to eligibility decisions, processing timelines and allotment amounts
- Trouble shoot all cases and access appropriately prior to sending them to the Supervisor or Family and Children Medicaid Program Specialist
- Compiles and enters data into NC FAST and county document management system.
- Attend all related refresher and mandatory training given by the State as well as our internal QA unit
- Review NC Fast postcards and stay abreast of accurate interpretation and application of updates and changes sent via the State
- NC FAST Core Functions Certification
- NC FAST Family and Children Medicaid Certification (or ability to obtain certification)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and reassess as priorities change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly identify and utilize essential resources
- Ability to gather facts
- Detail oriented
- Sound judgment/decision making
- Ability to actively listen
- Ability to document all casework clearly and concisely in a timely manner
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Ability to provide feedback
- Ability to present trainings to staff on policy updates and changes
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret information gathered
- Ability to interpret and apply policy to make correct case decisions