Income Maintenance Caseworker II (NEMT)
August 18, 2021
Posted August 6, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
The primary purpose of this position is to determine/re-determine eligibility, authorize, and coordinate Non-emergency Medicaid Transportation services to Alamance County Medicaid recipients. This position will perform duties as a representative of the public agency and is subject to high standards for personal and professional conduct. This employee will be expected to perform tasks such as the interviewing of clients to obtain sufficient information, verifying the information obtained as well as inform customers of their rights and obligations as prescribed under program policies, accurately, and report on all activities related to NEMT services. Responsibilities
- Receiving transportation trip requests and arranging and coordinating transportation services.
- Determine/re-determine eligibility for services through an assessment process.
- Responsible for verifying information and investigating discrepancies within information.
- Assists clients in retaining public assistance benefits by updating information in client records and state eligibility system.
- Responsible for documenting eligibility decisions and maintain a transportation file for each eligible beneficiary or family
- Provides clients with information about the availability of services and refers them to appropriate agencies or community partners.
- Monitoring of trips for quality control purposes for submission of quarterly reports to the State.
- Billing and invoicing as required for NEMT transportation services
- Collaborate with community partners and transportation vendors