Income Maintenance Caseworker
$14.57 - $16.75 Hourly
February 24, 2020
Posted February 14, 2020
741 North Highland Avenue
The Department of Social Services is seeking a highly motivated, dependable professional with advanced communication and exceptional customer service skills to determine eligibility for various State programs. The successful candidate must be able to interpret complex rules and regulations and use good judgment to make appropriate eligibility decisions. They must have exceptional organizational skills, the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, the ability to work quickly within deadlines, have a basic knowledge of universal computer technology and general office equipment, and be able to thrive in a team-oriented environment. Individual must support the Forsyth County Guiding Principles of WeCare:
The successful candidates will be able to interpret complex rules and regulations and use good judgment to make appropriate eligibility decisions. They will also have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Basic knowledge of universal computer technology and general office equipment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to work quickly within deadlines
- Ability to type 45 words per minute (or faster)
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
Graduation from high school or GED and three years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which may include negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling data, analyzing data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks.
- One year of experience in an income maintenance program may substitute for two of the three years of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for minimum qualification requirements.
Advanced communication skills and customer service experience are preferred.
Previous NCFAST experience preferred.