Part-time On-Call SW III
September 25, 2022
Posted August 31, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Alamance County DSS is seeking a temporary an On-Call (After Hours) Social Worker III for the Adult Services Unit. This worker would be primarily responsible for being available on-call after business hours, which also may include weekends and on some holidays. Response to some of these calls would require immediate attention to ensure the safety and welfare of adults in the community. Additional duties include initiating and conducting evaluations and courtesy assist requests for other counties and states, respond to a myriad request from all areas of adult services including: follow-up home visits for case evaluations, in-home check ins, and follow up with safety concerns. This position may also require court preparation and testimony, client transportation, completing paperwork and providing narrative for all contacts made. The work hours for this position would be from 4:30PM – 8AM during the week and on the weekend, the work hours are Friday at 4:30PM – Monday at 8:00AM. The On-Call Social Worker will come in to receive their assignments and will meet with their Supervisor or the On-Call Supervisor to discuss any needs for the shift. Field work can begin after that time and will be conducted until completed or until a reasonable hour dependent upon the safety and welfare of the adult. Once necessary visits and tasks are completed, the worker can then be available on-call from home. Workdays for this position would be liken to a swing shift. For example - work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Off Monday, then work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; Off Friday, Saturday and Sunday, work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, off Thursday, then work Friday, Saturday and Sunday; repeat. The amount of days (11 days) worked are equivalent to a part-time On Call Social Worker. Position is part-time mostly under 19 hours per week with a maximum of annual hours being under 1,000. Responsibilities
- Responsible for initiating and conducting Adult Protective Services Evaluations, involving adults and/or disable adults.
- Responds to a myriad of requests from all areas including: follow-up home visits for evaluations, planning and mobilizations services, and guardianship.
- Responsible for initiating follow-up contacts at homes or facilities.
- Prepares investigative reports for the court, case record, narratives for all contacts made during the investigation.
- Responsible for court preparation and testimony as an expert witness for court cases and hearings.
- Works with the public who at times may not agree with the laws, rules or policies of the process or the program and must motivate and interact for the safety of all involved.