Placement Support Worker (Hourly PT)
Family and Children’s Services
$18.00 - $25.00 per hour
Open Until Filled
Posted January 27, 2023
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave. Dr. SE
Salary Range: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services mission is to strengthen, with dignity and respect, the well-being and quality of life for all citizens through supportive services and advocacy. In recruiting for new Placement Support Workers, we are seeking experienced staff who share our core values: Doing what’s right:
- Providing excellent care for youth experiencing foster care while the agency is seeking placement.
- Providing supervision within sight and sound of youth ensuring safety and well-being while engaging youth in activities to know who they are.
- In partnership with the social work team, you will learn about youth and report strengths and needs during your time caring for youth and help prepare them for their next placement.
- Keeping our values at the forefront while caring for a vulnerable population and working with the social work team.
- Providing supervision for youth who are staying at the Department of Social Services building while awaiting placement.
- Preparing meals with and/or for youth.
- Helping youth adhere to a schedule such as getting up in the morning, brushing teeth, taking a shower, getting reading for school, doing homework, etc.
- Transporting youth to school and/or as needed to receive emergency medical care.
- Providing direction, guidance and redirection to youth as needed regarding appropriate behaviors, etc.
- Administer Medication as applicable
- High School diploma and 2 years of experience working with children/youth OR
- High School diploma and some Human Service college credits obtained as part of a college level Social Work or Human Services program OR
- Associates Degree in Human Services OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a Human Services related field
- Valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Ability to communicate well and to engage with children/adolescents, family members, and varying levels of professionals
- Crisis intervention, non-directive, directive and boundary communication skills
- CPR, First Aid
- Experience working with children