Program Assistant – Prevention Programing
$31,824 - $35,000
February 21, 2022
Posted February 9, 2022
New Hanover County
New Hanover County is seeking two Program Assistants to join the Community Justice Services department. This position will assist in carrying out activities for the Prevention Services Program. This position will operate in various environments to include: work in an office setting, partial telework from home, and working alongside youth in school setting and in the community. Duties in Prevention Programing include assisting with the activities of the prevention programs; providing the programs in high schools or community centers; assisting in outreach and recruitment for the program through community networking; addressing inquiries of the public regarding the operations and activities of programs and services available through the department; and assisting with the preparation and compilation of reports and related documents detailing department programs and activities and as mandated by Federal, State, and County guidelines. New Hanover County is dedicated to the recruitment and recognition of a talented and diverse workforce that is committed to public service. Our shared values of professionalism, equity, innovation, integrity, stewardship and accountability guide the way we conduct ourselves and deliver services to our customers. Supported by the work of our Office of Diversity and Equity, New Hanover County celebrates diversity in our employees’ backgrounds, beliefs, identities, and abilities, while supporting growth opportunities for all. Our talented team has a passion for providing care and services that effect change on the everyday lives of the citizens they encounter. The differences that unite us are a reflection of the community we serve. If this sounds like an organization that models the values you uphold, we invite you to join our team at New Hanover County.
* * * *Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to adjust schedule as program needs change. Must be available to work during emergency situations. Employment Type: Full-time, Non-exempt Compensation: The hiring range for this position is $31,824 - $35,000 plus a competitive benefits package. Salary will be determined based on qualifications, internal equity, budget, and market considerations. Sign On Bonus: Candidates accepting employment into this position are eligible to receive a one-time sign on bonus of $2,000 with half being paid in the first paycheck reflecting the pay period ending date that confirms compliance with the New Hanover County vaccination and testing requirements for reportable communicable diseases policy and half being paid upon successful completion of one's introductory period. Current NHC employees hired to fill one of these positions will receive half of the sign on bonus amount ($1,000) upon starting in the position and the second installment of $1,000 will be paid following 180 days of successful employment in the position. In the event the employee voluntarily resigns from the position before one year of service in it, the employee shall repay the sign on bonus amount on a prorated basis, depending on the length of full time service in the position prior to resignation. New Hanover County offers:
- Employer paid 401k contributions;
- Retirement plan through the NC Retirement system;
- Flex time and telework availability, depending on your position;
- Paid sick and personal leave + 13 paid holidays per year;
- Paid parental leave;
- Paid community services leave to give back to our community;
- Education leave to obtain a degree within your line of work;
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + many other insurance options;
- Onsite, employer-paid health and wellness center;
- Professional development trainings & leadership initiatives;
- Opportunities to make a difference in your community;
- And so much more!
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Two (2) years of experience related to the program area of assignment
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish