Social Work Program Manager – 5305.078
$57,720.00 - $105,195.00
Open Until Filled
Posted August 9, 2022
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Prior applicants need not reapply. Submit a completed DSS application found on the Wayne County DSS website. The application is listed under Tools in the job opportunities section. Copies of transcripts are required for all SW positions. Applications may be submitted electronically. Applications can be mailed to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Resumes or other forms of applications will not be accepted in place of the designated DSS application. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street, Box HH
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct leadership to two Social Work Supervisor III positions who manage the ongoing activities of Adult Services Programs and Energy Programs. This position reports directly to the Human Services Deputy Director. This position will work closely with the Supervisors in setting and monitoring unit goals, monitoring policy/procedural compliance, implementing changes in procedural matters and law, conducting individual conferences, completing performance appraisals and recommending disciplinary actions if necessary. This position approves leave requests, interviews applicants for positions within this unit and makes recommendations to higher level management on hiring decisions. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks. Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work and three years of social work or counseling experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of social work and four years of social work or counseling experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity; or
- Master’s degree in a counseling field and four years of social work or counseling experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity; or
- Four year degree in a human services field or related curriculum including at least 15 semester hours in courses related to social work or counseling and five years of social work or counseling experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity; or
- Graduation from a four-year college or university and six years of experience in rehabilitation counseling, pastoral counseling, or a related human services field providing experience in techniques of casework, group work, or community organization, two of which were in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- (Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.)