Social Work Program Manager – Child Welfare/Foster Care
Directors and Program Managers
January 2, 2022
Posted December 29, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Alamance County Department of Social Services is in search of a Program Manager for Child Welfare and Foster Care units. Staff under this umbrella consist of all levels of Social Workers who deliver services to clients and their families who have social, economic, mental or emotional issues. The Program Manager is responsible for setting unit goals and ensuring work plans are congruent with the annual plan. Other responsibilities include budget planning, monitoring of work through reports and counseling, implementation and translation of state policy, and other supervisory functions. Program Manager reports directly to the Assistant Director of Services. Responsibilities
- Establishes goals and suggests priorities for subordinate employees to ensure that work plans are consistent with the annual plan.
- Provides input into agency planning through periodic reports and meetings.
- Consults with subordinate supervisors on issues that impact on program goals, objectives, policies and the delivery of services.
- Ensures that policies and standards are followed and explains and implements changes when necessary or to meet client needs.
- Supports collaboration with service providers, foster parents and other placing agencies to ensure the highest quality of services is provided to the children who are served.
- Responsible for modifying or changing work assignments to maintain a balanced workload among employees.
- Compiles data in order to evaluate and monitor an administrative budget.
- Monitors the work of subordinate employees through the review of reports, cases, conferences and informal discussions.
- Responsible for performance evaluations, approving leave requests, making promotion recommendations, interpreting and applying state employment policies along with other supervisory duties.