Social Work Program Support Specialist
Family and Children’s Services
$25.99 - $35.08 Hourly
Posted January 25, 2023
30 Government Center Drive
Brunswick County Department of Social Services is accepting applications for a Social Work Program Support Specialist to work with our Children and Adult Services Teams. We are a forward thinking, creative organization that truly believes in treating others as we want to be treated. We are looking for the right person to join our Team. The Ideal Team member: We are looking for an ethical, team oriented, confident, compassionate, family centered, self-starter with a capacity for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, challenging environment that offers opportunities to grow both personally and professionally
- Have a desire to create a positive impact on adults, children and families living in our community
- Ability to interpret and apply state and agency policies and procedures with the goal of meeting the needs of the community
- Capacity to work and thrive in a team environment
- Coordinating and Facilitating Child and Family Team meetings that involve agency staff, families working with the department, family support systems, and community partners.
- These meetings may take place both during and outside regular business hours, based on the needs of the families.
- These meetings may take place in the agency or in the community, based on the needs of the family.
- Complete Case reviews on open and closed Child Welfare and Adult Services cases to help ensure the agency follows State and Federal guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assist in gathering and preparing cases for State and Federal reviews.
- Assist with completed background checks, organizing cases, scanning information, and supporting Adult and Children Services programs as needed.
- Ability to gather facts
- Detail oriented
- General computer knowledge
- Ability to actively listen
- Ability to have difficult conversations with others
- Ability to clearly and concisely document results of Child and Family Team meetings and case reviews
- Ability to clearly communicate with others-verbally and in writing
- Ability to de-escalate
- Ability to quickly build rapport and show empathy while still holding others accountable when necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks and reassess as priorities change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly identify and utilize essential resources
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret information gathered
- Ability to logically determine next steps when given conflicting information
- Ability to make logical informed decisions based on safety and risk