SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR I, II, III — ADULT SERVICES
$38,425 - $65,647
Open Until Filled
Posted January 10, 2022
Burke County Social Services
700 East Parker Road
Job Title: SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR I, II, III -- ADULT SERVICES Position #: 1425 Department: Social Services Starting Salary Ranges: Social Work Supervisor 1: $38,425.43 to $48,991.74; Social Work Supervisor II: $44,485.70 to $56,721.59; Social Work Supervisor III: $51,487.29 to $65, 647.94 Start Date: Available to fill on or after 1/14/2022 Description of Work: This is an advanced level Adult Protective Services Social Work Supervisory position.
- Organize, guide and coordinate a staff which range from advanced level Social Workers and para-professionals who are responsible for the direct provision of services to families involved with our Adult Protective Services Unit.
- Assign cases and coordinate workflow.
- Supervises staff through case review, consultation, regular employee conferences and team meetings.
- Provides input to higher level management on administrative, personnel, and budget issues and processes this information back to staff.
- Considerable knowledge in the methods and principles of supervision and social work administration as well as social work principles, techniques, and treatment modalities and practices and their application to specific casework and community problems.
- Working knowledge of private and governmental community resources and ways in which these may assist clients.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal/State laws as they pertain to the clientele served, the judicial system, Federal, State, and local policies, relating to Adult Services.
- Possess knowledge of physical and behavioral indicators of elder abuse, neglect, and dependency.
- Be aware of the dynamics of these households in order to best supervise the staff working with these families.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and their application.