Social Work Supervisor III
Family and Children’s Services
April 17, 2022
Posted April 8, 2022
Craven County DSS
Craven County DSS 252-636-4900
2818 Neuse Blvd
Primary Purpose The Child and Family Services Section implements mandated service programs to assist in: (1) the protection of children, (2) the preservation of the family unit, and/or (3) the provision of an alternative permanent plan which meets the child’s need for safety, security, and permanence. Services provided for families and children include: Intake and Crisis Intervention, Child abuse investigation and assessment, In Home Treatment Services, Case Planning/Case Management, Resource family, recruitment, screening, training and licensing, Links Services, Permanency Planning and adoption services, Parent Education and Support. All social work services and practice must follow Federal, state, and local policies and guidelines. This position falls within the Permanency Planning and In Home Services Team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide supervision, training, and oversight of a team of 6 social workers responsible for providing Parent Education and support, Resource Parent Licensing and training, Trauma therapy, CFT facilitation services, and Family Support Services. Essential Functions 80% Organizing and Directing
- Provide direction to a team of Social Workers that will contribute to a climate of mutual respect, empathy, genuineness and trust between workers, management, and families.
- Provide direction to a team of Social Workers that will encourage the application of relevant federal and state, rules, policies, procedures and current practice standards related to the provision of Family Support Services, Resource Family Licensing and Training, Parent Education and Supportive Services as well as special events and programming which aids in the development and strengthening of families.
- Effectively organize Family Support, ABC, Parent Education and Resource Parent licensing and training case assignments to ensure families receive the support and services needed to ensure child safety, well-being, and permanence.
- Develop case tracking forms or other tools to assist social workers on the team in organizing an efficient and effective manner of ensuring state mandates are met in the provision of in home and child placement services.
- Organizes case staffing which offer an opportunity for peer learning and case review opportunities.
- Relate effectively with all levels of administration inside and outside the organization.
- Formulate unit work plan, evaluating and modifying it as needed in conjunction with the program administrator and program manager.
- Develop teamwork procedures to meet program demands and present recommendations to management on issues which impact on programmatic goals, objectives and policies relating to safe families for children and timely permanence.
- Provide guidance and direction to social workers ensuring the development of family strengthening programs and resources that both builds on family strengths while addressing the needs for safety, permanence, and well-being of children.
- Collect data for monthly board reports and regularly analyzes data for evaluation of team’s effectiveness and possible training or supervision needs.
- Serve on planning and steering committees with other human service professionals in order to assist in the design and development of community resources to meet the needs of families and children.
- Coordinate with other supervisors and staff to ensure smooth transition of families from one service area to another such as from assessment to In Home, In Home service to foster care, or from foster care to permanence through reunification, adoption or guardianship/custody.
- Reviews Social Worker requests for Purchase requests and vouchers. Carefully considers the economic impact on the agency when purchasing goods and services for the Hope Family Resource Center.
- Monitor staff use of county cars vs. personal vehicles to minimize travel reimbursements.
- Ensures staff use correct billing codes.
- Carefully monitors court reports, court orders and other IVE regulations to ensure compliance with federal requirement to prevent major financial costs to the agency.