Social Work Supervisor III
January 6, 2023
Posted December 21, 2022
Barbie Casper PO Box 809 Williamston NC 27892 Phone 252-789-4400 Fax 252-789-4409
305 East Main Street
DATE: December 21, 2022 MARTIN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES POSITION AVAILABLE: SOCIAL WORKER SUPERVISOR III – ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES SALARY GRADE: 73 SALARY RANGE: $47,153.00 – $50,153.00 TYPE OF POSITION: PERMANENT /FULL TIME HOURS OR WORK: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. AND ON CALL AS SCHEDULED DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITES: This position provide close supervision to the Adult Services Units which consist of the following programs: Community Alternatives Program (CAP DA), Adult Protective Services, Guardianship, Adult Placement Services, Special Assistant Program, and monitoring of Adult Care Homes and Family Care Homes. This position ensures that North Carolina General Statues are followed. The individual in this position is responsible for assigning Adult Protective Service (APS) reports to social workers and keeping staff informed of area programs and resources. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Social Work principles, techniques, and practices, and their application to
- General knowledge of the methods and principles of casework supervision and training.
- Family and group dynamics and a range of intervention techniques.
- The special needs of the disabled, vulnerable adults, and geriatric Skill in developing rapport with a client and in applying techniques or assessing psychosocial, behaviors, and psychological aspects of client’s problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of caseloads and their families, as well as civic, legal, medical, social, and religious organizations.
- General knowledge of office or work unit procedures, methods, and practices.
- General knowledge of and ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and specialized vocabulary; ability to proofread.
- Ability to learn and apply a variety of guidelines applicable to the work process.
- Ability to record and compile information based on general guidelines.
- Ability to balance and reconcile figures.
- Ability to gather and give information and instructions regarding the work process and procedures.
- Ability to learn to use specialized office equipment.
- May require ability to coordinate work of other support staff, student worker and/or volunteers.
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid 11.43% for Retirement
- 4% 401-K Contribution
- Pay 2.3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- Pay 2.4 Weeks of Sick per year
- Pay 11 days of Holiday per year