Social Worker IAT – 5305.055
Family and Children’s Services
$43,071.00 - $67,179.00
Open Until Filled
Posted December 17, 2021
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed DSS application found on the Wayne County DSS website. The application is listed under Tools in the job opportunities section. Copies of transcripts are required for all SW positions. Applications may be submitted electronically. Applications can be mailed to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Resumes or other forms of applications will not be accepted in place of the designated DSS application. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street, Box HH
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to receive reports, initiate, investigate, identify, and provide child welfare services to any child who is alleged to be abused, neglected, and/or dependent, as defined by law. This employee develops with the family, formal plans to eliminate conditions of abuse, neglect, and/or dependency. This position facilitates movement in and out of the legal system, including immediate removal from the home, children identified as being in danger. Supervises and monitors such children who are in out-of-the home placement and counsels with parents to expedite child’s return to the home. Assesses family situations and prepares for the court, court-ordered home studies. This employee plans resources and other support services in conjunction with other agencies to promote maintenance of the family unit This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks. Experience using Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- MSW – Child Welfare Collaborative (child welfare positions only); or
- MSW plus one year of directly related experience; or
- BSW – Child Welfare Collaborative plus one year of directly related experience; or
- BSW plus two years of directly related experience; or
- 4-year degree in a human services field plus three years of directly related experience; or
- 4-year college or university degree plus four years of directly related experience.
- (Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.)