Social Worker III
Family and Children’s Services
Hiring Range: $41,905–$52,381
Open Until Filled
Posted November 3, 2022
Yancey County DSS Attn: Sonya Morgan PO Box 67 Burnsville, NC 28714 email@example.com
320 Pensacola Road
Are you looking for a career where you will have the opportunity to transform lives? Would you like to be a part of a professional work family atmosphere, where helping others is our shared vision? Would you like to LIVE, WORK, and PLAY in the beautiful mountains of Yancey County – The Gateway to Mount Mitchell? If all of that sounds appealing to you, consider joining us at Yancey County DSS! JOB VACANCY SOCIAL WORKER III – Investigations & Assessments County Grade(s): 66 – 68 Hiring Range: $41,905–$52,381 Closing Date: Until filled. We are looking for employees that meet the qualifications in the Job Description. APPLICATION PROCESS Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of Interest
- Yancey County Application for Employment https://yanceycountync.gov/images/PDF/Vacancy/YanceyCountyEmploymentApplication.pdf
- Three (3) references to: Yancey County DSS
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; or,
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and completion of the Child Welfare Collaborative (Child Welfare positions only); or,
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience; or,
- Master's degree in a human services field and one year of directly related experience; or,
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and two years directly related experience; or,
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of directly related experience.
- Experience in interviewing caretakers, children/disabled adults, and other sources soliciting specific details of maltreatment to obtain thorough and comprehensive assessment of alleged maltreatment
- Persons with bilingual ability (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply
- Completion of North Carolina Child Welfare Pre-Service training.
- Must serve as an after-hours on-call worker in rotation with other workers.
- Experience working with difficult clients
- Must be 21 years of age to drive an agency vehicle