Social Worker III
$37,929.00 - $59,158.00
December 10, 2019
Posted November 22, 2019
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed PD-107 (state application) and copies of transcripts to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate reports received by the agency, which allege abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of disabled adults within the statutes of the North Carolina Adult Protective Services Law and to provide essential services to those adults, in order to alleviate the adult’s crisis. Protective Services for Adults is a multi-faceted service available to any person who meets the criteria as stated in the North Carolina General Statute 108A. This law provides protection for a disabled adult of any age, in any living arrangement, with or without caretakers, and for self neglect as well as neglect and abuse by a caretaker, or exploitation by anyone. This social worker’s role is to ensure that the agency responds and acts in compliance with the statutory requirements. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks. Experience using Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience; or
- Master's degree in counseling in a human services field and one year of social work or counseling; or
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and two years directly related experience; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of directly related experience.