Social Worker III
Family and Children’s Services
$37,929.00 - $59,158.00
February 28, 2020
Posted February 13, 2020
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed PD-107 (state application) and copies of transcripts to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to provide permanency services to children from infancy to age 21 who have been removed from their home. This position assesses, evaluates and identifies risks to children and determines what immediate action needs to be taken as defined by law. This position assesses the children’s needs and develops a plan for services so the children will have a permanent placement within one year. This position will assess the need for therapeutic services and medical examinations and facilitates movement in and out of the legal system. This position evaluates the children’s placement and supervises the children in the foster home to assure proper care is received. This position provides case management and provides transportation necessary to the provision of permanency services for children when needed and not otherwise available. This position counsels parents and families and monitors their progress with their intervention plan for reunification. If reunification is not possible, a search is made for relative placement or assist in finding a prospective adoptive home. This position provides casework services and supervision to children and their families from the time the children are removed from their parents until they are returned to their parents. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks. Experience using Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience; or
- Master's degree in counseling in a human services field and one year of social work or counseling; or
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and two years directly related experience; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of directly related experience.