Social Worker III – 5305.091
$45,225.00 - $82,423.00
Open Until Filled
Posted August 9, 2022
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed DSS application found on the Wayne County DSS website. The application is listed under Tools in the job opportunities section. Copies of transcripts are required for all SW positions. Applications may be submitted electronically. Applications can be mailed to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Resumes or other forms of applications will not be accepted in place of the designated DSS application. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street, Box HH
Description of Job Duties: The primary purpose of this position is to provide intensive social work and custody services to adults who have been adjudicated incompetent and for whom the Director of Wayne County Department of Social Services (WCDSS) has been appointed legal guardian. This position involves intensive individual and family assessments in complicated and severe cases often involving severe medical and/or emotional disorders and mental illnesses. Adult’s situations are often traumatic and include family dysfunction, placement, chronic and terminal medical diagnoses, and severe and persistent mental health diagnoses. This position involves mobilizing services, working comprehensively with a multi-disciplinary team, and ensuring the adult’s needs are met in the least restrictive setting. This position develops individualized case plans to address the ongoing needs for the adult to ensure they are receiving proper care and supervision. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot is issued a DSS iPad) as required by the position to do but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, and receive/send tasks. This position also serves as backup APS and is on rotation after work hours. Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience; or
- Master's degree in counseling in a human services field and one year of social work or counseling; or
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and two years directly related experience; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of directly related experience.