Social Worker III
December 31, 2021
Posted December 20, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose The primary purpose of this position will be to provide Adult Protective Services, Evaluation and Treatment services to a caseload of approximately 15-20 adults and will encompass the full range of services to disabled adults in need of protective services. Responsibilities include evaluating reports of alleged abuse, neglect, or exploitation of disabled adults. Employees within this position have regular contact with medical providers, law enforcement and other community agencies that serve adults. To be effective in this position you must have a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques, and practices and their application to complex casework, group work and community problems. $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Offered: Alamance County is providing up to a $2,000 (paid in $1,000 installments) sign-on-bonus to be paid to eligible applicants at milestones (completion of probation and 6 months from completion of probation) for applicable positions. Responsibilities
- Provides intensive case evaluation and assessment for elderly and disabled adults who are in serious and complication situations associated with abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Attends court proceedings and work cooperatively with the Agency legal staff to draft petitions; prepare court reports and necessary documents; and testify in court in support of the Agency position in legal matters.
- Must often work with complex and involved family dynamics, acute to severe medical and/or emotional disorders and mental illnesses that the client may possess as well as handle emergencies and crises as they arise-on an almost daily basis.
- Serves as back up for emergency intake services during office hours.
- Serves on-call on a rotation basis with other staff to receive reports involving allegations of abuse or neglect of adults after hours and on weekends.