Social Worker III (Guardianship)
March 25, 2022
Posted March 11, 2022
Catawba County Social Services
Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through serving adults with complex medical and mental health needs. We are seeking an individual who shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Providing services to adults who have been deemed incompetent and are in need of a guardian to advocate for services to meet their needs.
- Serving adults and our community by providing support and comprehensive person-centered, assessments and services that will support the adult’s ability to live as independently as possible in the community.
- Working cohesively with families, guardian ad litems, court partners, and community and in-agency partners to ensure adults are cared for and linked to services that will allow them to function at their highest possible level.
- Striving for excellence in meeting all mandated standards in a fast-paced, but rewarding environment that ultimately seeks to assure adults are cared for with respect, dignity, and in the least restrictive environment possible.
- Act as advocate for persons for whom we are guardian
- Monitor mental health services, medical care, dental care, etc. for persons for whom we are guardian to ensure needs are met
- Respond to crisis situations for persons for whom we are guardian, including psychiatric hospitalization and arranging placement
- Attend treatment team meetings
- Provide representative payee services, as needed, for those persons for whom we are guardian who reside in the community
- Collaborate with Mental Health providers and Local Management Entities to ensure mental health services are provided to persons for who we are guardian
- Assess clients need for legal Guardianship
- Gather information to support the need for guardianship services
- Consult with county attorney and work cooperatively with other court officials; prepare petitions and court reports; and testify in court
- Provide transportation for clients to medical and mental health appointments, as well as shopping and other errands
- Share on-call after hour duties with APS Social Workers
- Provide intake services for the Adult Services Unit half a day a week
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 1 year of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 3 years of social work experience
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to guardianship in North Carolina
- Outstanding advocacy skills
- Knowledge of medications and DSM-5
- Experience working with persons with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities
- Experience and knowledge of person centered planning practices
- Solid computer skills
- This is considered Light Work; lifting up to 20 pounds.