Social Worker Supervisor III
Family and Children’s Services
November 4, 2022
Posted October 6, 2022
Bertie County Social Services
Cortney Ward firstname.lastname@example.org 252-794-6120
106 Dundee Street
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of directly related experience; or a bachelor’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of directly related experience; or a master’s degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of directly related experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of directly related experience; or a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and five years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of methods and principles of casework supervision and training. Considerable knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their application to specific casework and community problems. Considerable knowledge of behavioral and socioeconomic problems and their treatment and governmental and private organizations and community resources. Considerable knowledge of the laws, regulations and policies which govern social work programs. Ability to supervise, train, or orient social workers, students, interns, or other staff. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to plan and execute work effectively. DESCRIPTION OF WORK AND EXAMPLES OF DUTIES PERFORMED:
- Supervise a staff of (5) Child Welfare Social Workers (Includes the continuum of Child Welfare practice) Develop, implement, and monitor short and some long-range work operations, priorities, and goals within the unit
- Structure work assignments effectively and equitably, including coverage for vacant positions
- Work requires employee to develop procedures and to make minor organizational changes and recommend other changes to improve efficiency.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as some training needs assessment and arrange for employees to attend workshops and other job-related training.
- Monitor and maintain state/local reports to evaluate the overall performance of Services staff
- Establish performance objectives, conduct regular reviews of work, and provide feedback to appropriate staff
- Monitor expenditures/revenues within the scope of responsibility and project an annual budget for the Unit
- Demonstrate positive and reasonable leadership while promoting mutually respectful internal and external relationships