Social Worker Supervisor III (Early Childhood Support Team)
Family and Children’s Services
$53,885.12 - $88,910.44
April 22, 2022
Posted April 8, 2022
Catawba County Social Services
Are you an experienced Social Work leader with a background in working in the educational, mental health, or child care field? Would you thrive in an innovative work environment? Catawba County Social Services is recruiting for a Social Work Supervisor III to supervise, manage, and deliver specialized educational and mental health services to children ages birth – 5 years, their families, and child care program staff. This includes management of the Smart Start and Nurturing Program funding and program delivery. Doing what’s right:
- Management and supervision of Early Childhood Support Team (ECST) staff.
- Consultation to child care programs to ensure they are meeting developmental needs of children.
- Providing professional development activities/training to child care staff to enhance their skills to meet the needs of children.
- Management of grant funding provided by Partnership for Children.
- Managing expenditures and purchases.
- Coaching and supporting ECST staff to ensure completion of their essential job responsibilities.
- Partnering with families, children, community partners, and other early childhood professionals to provide a continuum of services and support for the 0-5 age children in Catawba County.
- Striving for excellence in meeting grant standards for implementation of services and providing documentation and evidence during fiscal monitoring. This involves planning, managing, coaching, directing, training, monitoring and evaluating the activities of professional staff.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work and 2 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work and 3 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 4 years of social work experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-human services field and 5 years of social work experience
- A valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong value in employees and partners
- Strong management/leadership skills
- Ability to manage budgets/funding
- Ability to manage and organize time well
- Effective computer skills
- This position is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Strong preference for a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Background in education and working with child care centers