Family and Children’s Services
March 31, 2022
Posted March 11, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job PurposeAlamance County Department of Social Services is seeking an Social Worker Investigative/Assessment and Treatment (SW I/A&T) in the Child Protective Services Unit. Within this position the worker would provide in home services and have the primary purpose of providing protection for children under 18 years of age who are alleged to be abused and/or neglected by their parents or caretaker and/or are dependent. This position requires a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their applications to complex casework, treatment and investigation of abuse or neglect of children; thorough knowledge of policies and procedures as evidenced by the ability to cite the authority of federal and state law; thorough knowledge of individual and group behavior family dynamics, medical, behavioral and/or psychosocial problems and their treatment theory.
- Responsible for initiating and conducting Family and Investigative Assessments.
- Responds to a myriad of requests from all areas of child welfare including: follow-up home visits for assessments, in-home services and foster care cases.
- Responsible for initiating Child Protective Services and Child Services cases and follow-up contacts at homes or facilities.
- Transports clients safely and responsibly.
- Prepares investigative reports for the court, case record, narratives for all contacts made during the investigation and treatment plans effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for court preparation and testimony as an expert witness for court cases and hearings.
- Works with the public who at times may not agree with the laws, rules or policies of the process or the program and must motivate and interact for the safety of all involved.