SW II Adult Protective Services
August 13, 2021
Posted July 23, 2021
Martin County DSS
Barbie Casper PO Box 809 Williamston, NC 27892 Phone 252-789-4400 Fax 252-789-4409
305 East Main Street
DATE: July 23, 2021 MARTIN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES POSITION AVAILABLE: SOCIAL WORKER II – ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES SALARY GRADE: 67 SALARY: $36,000.00 IF FULLY QUALIFIED (A WORK AGAINST WILL BE CONSIDERED) TYPE OF POSITION: PERMANENT / FULL TIME HOURS OR WORK: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. AND ON CALL AS SCHEDULED DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITES: The Adult Services Unit provides services to the Adult citizens (ages 18 and older) of the county. Services provided are Community Alternatives Program, Adult Protective Services, Guardianship, Adult Placement, Special Assistance Program, Adult Home Specialist monitoring of ACH and FCH, and Payee. The Unit interview families, who are in emergency crisis, apply assistance as policy allows, and refers them to ongoing DSS services and community resources. The Unit focuses attention on clients’ well- being, rights, and safety THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Social Work principles, techniques, and practices, and their application to complex individual casework, group work, and community problems.
- The laws, regulations and policies that govern the program.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to plan and execute work.
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team, committee, success team, or other such groups in order to accomplish a shared goal, vision, or task.
- Ability to present himself/herself as a professional in appearance, speech, tone, work ethic, customer service and to be a good representation of the quality of work and personnel this agency has to offer the community at large.
- Ability to train or instruct lower-level social workers, social worker trainees, income maintenance caseworkers, students, or interns.
- The special needs of the disabled, vulnerable adults, and geriatric populations.
- The psychosocial, socioeconomic, behavioral problems and their treatment.
- Skill in developing rapport with a client and in applying techniques or assessing psychosocial, behavioral, and psychological aspects of client’s problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative superiors, member of caseload and their families, and with civic, medical, mental, legal, social and religious organizations.
- Medical terminology, disease processes and their treatment.
- General knowledge of office or work unit procedures, methods, and practices.
- General knowledge of and ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and specialized vocabulary; ability to proofread.
- General knowledge of office accounting and record keeping procedures, mathematics and their application in the work environment.
- Ability to learn and apply a variety of guidelines applicable to the work process.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment.