SW III – Adult Care Unit
September 20, 2021
Posted September 9, 2021
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Alamance County is in search of a Social Worker III for the Adult Care Unit. The primary purpose of this position will be to provide a full range of Guardianship services to a caseload of incompetent adults. This position will be responsible for completion of state required documents, restoration of competency. This position also provides back-up coverage for Adult Protective Services. To be effective in this position you must have a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques, and practices and their application to complex casework, group work and community problems. $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Offered: Alamance County is providing up to a $2,000 (paid in $1,000 installments) sign-on-bonus to be paid to eligible applicants at milestones (completion of probation and 6 months from completion of probation) for applicable positions. Responsibilities
- Provides case management services by assessing clients needs and developing strategies for appropriate services for those adults under the guardianship program.
- Responds to emergency calls for alleged abuse, neglect or exploitation of disabled and non-competent adults.
- Maintains confidential records and files, prepares reports as required.
- Responsible for making referrals to other units in the agency or various community resources as necessary.
- Serves as back up for emergency intake services during office hours.
- Provides supervision, training and instruction to lower-level social workers, students or interns working within the program.
- Provides back-up support to others within the department as it relates to overall adult protective services.
- Insures completion of all appropriate state required documents as it relates to guardianship and restoration of competency.