SW III – Adult Home Specialist
December 21, 2022
Posted December 13, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose The primary purpose of this position is to assure various types of adult care homes operate within the applicable rules, regulations and laws through an ongoing planning and monitoring process. Within this position duties will include consultative and supervisory with the goal of assuring safe and quality care for residents within these homes. Employee may be called upon in case of a disaster, either natural or man-made, to serve the citizens of Alamance County. This work may occur outside of normal working hours. All Adult Social Worker III positions at Alamance County Department of Social Services, provides back up to Adult Protective Services when needed. This position ensures needed coverage to Adult Protective Services during times of staff shortage or increased volume of Adult Protective Services reports. Responsibilities
- Monitors a range of adult care homes from small homes with as few as two residents, such as family care homes to large adult care homes with as many as one hundred adults, many diagnosed with multiple disabling conditions.
- Fosters a protective environment for frail and vulnerable adults served by the adult care home industry.
- Investigates all complaints received on Alamance County adult care and family care homes in accordance with the North Carolina regulations governing the facilities.
- Monitors all adult daycares in Alamance County for compliance with regulations and laws. Investigates any and all complaints received within Alamance County adult daycares.
- Promotes operations that exceed the minimum legal requirements.