SW III – Adult Home Specialist
March 31, 2022
Posted March 18, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job PurposeAlamance County is in search of an Adult Home Specialist (SW III) for the Adult Services Unit. The primary purpose of this position is to assure various types of adult care homes operate within the applicable rules, regulations and laws through an ongoing planning and monitoring process The goal of this position is to foster a protective environment for frail and vulnerable adults served by the adult care home industry.
- Consults and supervises adult care centers in Alamance County with the goal of assuring safe and quality care for the residents of these homes.
- Promotes operations within homes that will exceed minimum requirements. Types of homes that fall under oversight include adult care homes with as few as two residents, such as a family care home to large adult care homes with as many as one hundred adults, many diagnosed with multiple disabling conditions, long term or terminal illnesses such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Investigates all complaints received on adult care and family care homes according to the NC regulations governing the facilities.
- Monitors all adult daycares in Alamance County for compliance with regulations and laws.
- Investigates all complaints that might arise from adult daycares in Alamance County.