SW III – Intake
Adult Services, Family and Children’s Services
March 17, 2022
Posted March 3, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job PurposeThe primary purpose of this position is to receive complaints of abuse, neglect or dependency using the structured, strengths based, intake process. It is crucial that the intake social worker have string interviewing, listening and assessment skills to gather enough information to determine the need for an investigative assessment, as well as, the response that is needed. The worker, in consultation with the supervisor, determines whether a referral meets the statutory definitions for CPS intervention and explains to the reporter whether the agency will or will not proceed with an investigation.
- Documents CPS and APS reports on the structured referral forms at the time the report is made.
- Contacts the reporter as needed to gather as much information as possible.
- Screens all referrals received per a 2-level review with a Social Work Supervisor or an Administrator.
- Documents screened-out rationale in time for the information to be available to Service Program Manager should a reporter call requesting a review.
- Maintains a log of all CPS referrals and courtesy assist requests.
- Assesses and assigns accepted reports promptly with a supervisor in order to ensure that face-to-face contact is initiated in accordance with state law.
- Contacts district attorney’s office and law enforcement immediately upon finding of abuse (caretaker or non-caretaker).
- Informs callers of available resources, where appropriate, during the call and by letter notification.
- Informs reporters whether or not report has been referred to law enforcement.
- Assists in the determination of appropriate jurisdiction/case service responsibility with neighboring counties and states.